Brick Works | Custom Bricks Made to Order
Creating a B2B brand for a truly creative company without sucking the fun out of it!
Brick Works is so fun and unique. We knew if we got the product into people’s hands, they would love it.
We created a brand that is irreverent and constructive, industrial and sophisticated and, most importantly, one that represents the spirit of the company without sucking the life out of it!
- Brand Positioning
- Corporate Narrative & Messaging
- Digital Strategy
- Logos & Visual Systems
- Environmental Branding
- Brand Voice
- Website Design
- Sales Engagement
- Launch Planning
- Brand Campaigns
We developed an identity based on the idea of a creative factory, a place where fun is made. We designed a pattern to represent the building blocks of the brand and the endless customizable opportunities. We even printed business cards through letterpress on heavyweight stock to capture the brand’s balance of sophistication—industrial and punk all at the same time.
Creativity, collaboration and punk are at the core of Brick Work’s products.
To help a wildly creative business break into the B2B event marketing business. The founder is an artist who feels that creativity, collaboration and punk are all at the core of his product. He wanted us to help the business “appear professional without sucking the life out of it.’
- Learn about the competition; do the opposite
- Develop a simple, yet clear brand position that anyone can remember
- Educate our young team members about the history, philosophy and graphic language of punk
- Embrace low-cost means, as a powerful tool to create maximum impact—i.e. black-and-white photocopies as booth backdrops, spray paint and stencils, graphic black-and-white buttons
- Make the system easy-to-use and reproduce
- Make it graphic, say it loudly, make it fun
When you are dealing directly with the decision makers, sometimes projects with limited budgets can be the most rewarding. This was that type of project, with a creative client who possesses a deep commitment to craft and quality. All of the core strategies behind the brand were embraced, adopted and ultimately exploded. The brand demands attention, slyly knowing that the product will live up to it with a wink and a smile.